Me

Me
Let's connect on Instagram @culinary_cutie

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Crock Pot Turkey Chili





As it is fall, and swiftly moving into winter,a yummy and easy chili recipe was in need.  One of the things I love about chili is how you can mix and match veggies/meats to best fit your mood and whatever is in your cabinets. I also love the fact chili is crock pot approved.  Throw everything in, set the timer, and go! Doesn't get much easier then that! Which gets two thumbs up from me.

I did not document the process in pictures as I normally would.  Unfortunately my kitchen is a disaster due to some remodeling of the dining room(which i will post pictures of).  But the recipe is simple, lean, and clean.

Ingredients
1 pound lean white ground turkey breast
1 12 oz  organic tomato sauce can (bpa lining free)
1 12 oz can of kidney beans w/ juice
1 12 oz can of black beans w/juice
1 12 oz can great white northern beans w/juice
1/2 chopped onion
1 tb garlic powder
1tsp onion powder
2 TB chili powder
1 TB cumin powder
Salt/pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper(just sprinkle if you would like a milder chili)
1 diced jalapeno (half of a jalapeno if you would like a milder chili)
2 diced tomatoes 

Through everything into your crock pot and I set mine on the low setting which cooked for 8 hours. That was it! Delicious, clean, paleo, and whole food.

Think about serving with my honey dairy free corn bread.







No comments:

Post a Comment