Me

Me
Let's connect on Instagram @culinary_cutie

Friday, January 30, 2015

Paleo Crock Pot Short Ribs




Does anyone ever go to the grocery store and decide to be brave and bold and buy a new ingredient?  That is how Paleo Crock Pot Short Ribs came to be.  I was at the meat counter, almost done and the sale of the day catches my eye. Short Ribs? Grass Fed?  Maybe I need these in my life? Then I find myself ordering 1 pound please.  Before I know it; I'm checking out and thinking "I have no idea what to do with short ribs".  I know I love short ribs but how do I cook them?  Well, a week or so later and I decide slow cooking sounds like the best way do this. So I bust out the crock pot, mushrooms, carrots, onions, garlic, and stock and just start creating.

I would recommend making the recipe with 2 pounds of short ribs as the yield of meat is not enough for left overs or more then 2 people.

Ingredients
I used 1 pound of Short Ribs but i recommend 2
1 quart organic reduced sodium Beef Stock
1/4 cup dry red wine
1 onion chopped
1 large garlic minced
5 medium sized carrots chopped
1 cup diced portobello mushrooms
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper


In a small bowl mix the sage, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper and mix to make your rub.  Gently coat your ribs in the rub and place in the crock pot.  Then chop your vegetables, beef stock, and red wine to your crock pot.  Turn the crock pot on medium for 6 hours, cover, and cook.




I served our short ribs over paleo mashed sweet potatoes.  Simply boil 2 large organic sweet potatoes.  Mash boiled and drained sweet potatoes with 1 TBSP of grass fed butter.  Delicious! I hope you enjoy the simplicity of this recipe with the warm hearty flavors.





No comments:

Post a Comment