Me

Me
Let's connect on Instagram @culinary_cutie

Friday, August 1, 2014

Caprese Salad

I know, I have been a little MIA this week. It has been a crazy busy week and I have literally been living off of smoothies and left overs 😳 but last night I was able to cook and dang did it feel good!

Between late nights at work and a sick puppy I still needed something easy and quick to whip up.  I started hunting through my fridge; honestly I didn't know what I still had in there as grocery shopping is on the To Do List.  Well I found some beautiful heirloom tomatoes left over from last weeks summer share from Green Grocer (seriously if you live in Dallas you have to check this place out).  Then I found some mmm... good fresh mozzarella cheese. Well natrually I thought, Caprese Salad. 

I have never made a Caprese Salad before, but I thought tomatoes, cheese, and basil how could I go wrong? There is not science to this dish, I basically just threw it together in a bowl and crossed my fingers hoping it would work out (as I was starved and the chicken broiling was not gonna cut it for dinner alone).  
 
Ingrediants (mine are all organic)
Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
7 fresh basil leaves
Fresh Mozerella
2 heirloom tomatoes
Black pepper
Pinch of stevia
 
 I cubed the tomatoes and mozzerella in a bowl.  I then drizzled the olive oil (about 2 tbsp) over the tomatoes and mozzerella.  I then added the chopped fresh basil.  Sprinkled with black pepper (about 1/2tsp) and a pinch of stevia. I added a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar, mixed together with a spoon, and viola a Caprese Salad. 

Now, I know my measurements are exact on this one, but have a little fun with it.  You can always add less, then taste, and add more pepper or stevia if you think you need it.  Also feel to comment if you have any questions :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment