Me

Me
Let's connect on Instagram @culinary_cutie

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Strawberry, banana, & kiwi smoothie


I am loving this random Wednesday off from work and feeling so blessed to have my brother and his girlfriend visiting.  After an awesome yoga session with my brother (his 1st yoga session ever!) a energy, nutritious, and replenishing smoothie was in order. 

I used almond butter to replenish protien, banana for the "good carbs",kiwi for the potassium and vitamin c (awesome at combating soreness), and chia seeds for the omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates,protien, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. 

A dietary serving of chia seeds is 2 tbsp per serving.  So when I make a smoothie for me I use 2 tbsp. These are seriously a little superfood!

All in all this smoothie was delishious, refreshing, replenishing, and packed full of goodness. 

Ingrediants ( made for 3 )
1 cup strawberries
2 kiwis
1 banana
Large spoonful of Almond butter
1/2 cup coconut water
4 tbsp chia seeds
Ice to thickness











I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! 

(All ingrediants I used are organic)


No comments:

Post a Comment